You are hereHome ›
Continuum of Care
The Continuum of Care (CoC) is a community planning group that coordinates services and maximizes resources to reach the goal of preventing and ending homelessness. The community planning network in south central and southeastern Minnesota is River Valleys CoC.
The River Valleys CoC planning region, or community, includes the area of 20 counties. The CoC includes people and organization from across the region, and meetings are open to anyone who wants to work together with local organizations to change our system and end homelessness.
Get more informatkion about River Valleys CoC:
- Weekly CoC email with meeting information, grants, events, training, and more.
- RV CoC Brochure
- River Valleys Continuum of Care Region Map
9/22/17 Final Submitted Application for HUD Continuum of Care Program funding is posted to the Notice of Funding Availability page
9/19/17 Posted for Review: CoC Application for HUD Continuum of Care funds FY2017, with Project Selections and Priority Listing
- Comments and corrections are due to Jennifer Prins by Thursday, September 21 at 4:00pm
- CoC vote to approve and submit the application scheduled for Thursday, September 21
- View the CoC Application
- View the Project Priority Listing
9/12/17 Posted for Review: Final Project Application Score and Ranking
- No comments or appeals received, so no change to ranking from 9/7/17 posting
- View the Project Ranking
9/7/17 Project Application Score and Ranking - First Posting for Review and Comment is here
8/4/17 River Valleys CoC – Applicant Guidance and Application Materials published for agencies that submitted their intent to apply. See the HUD Notice of Funds Availability page for details. (CLOSED 8/21/17)
8/1/17 Confirmation of new projects submitting intent to apply:
- Partners for Affordable Housing – TH/RRH
- Ruth’s House of Hope – RRH
- Three Rivers Community Action – PSH Expansion
- Three Rivers Community Action – SSO-CES Expansion
7/20/17 River Valleys CoC Final Call for New Projects (CLOSED 8/1/17)
- Renewal Projects: All RENEWAL projects were required to submit a notice of intent to apply by 4:00 pm CDT on Friday, April 7, 2017. All RENEWAL project applications MUST be submitted into e-Snaps prior to 4:00 pm CDT on Monday, August 21, 2017. Additional documents for the RVCoC review and ranking process will be required by the same deadline and submitted outside of e-Snaps.
- NEW PROJECTS (Including EXPANSIONS of Existing Projects): Permanent Housing (Permanent Supportive Housing or Rapid Rehousing) projects as well as a new project type, Joint Transitional Housing/Rapid Re-Housing, are available for the community to apply for as New Projects through the process of reallocation or permanent housing bonus. Homeless Management Information System and Supportive Services Only (for Coordinated Entry) are available for the community to apply as New Projects only through the process of reallocation.
- For types of projects that qualify for funding under the NEW PROJECT criteria through either reallocation or permanent housing Bonus please refer to the HUD NOFA. An estimated $124,288 is available for Bonus projects.
- All NEW projects MUST submit a notice of intent to apply by 4:00 pm CDT on
Monday, July 31, Tuesday, August 1, 2017 via RVCoC’s online form at https://goo.gl/forms/hFL2bWZHfaJtc9yn2.
- All NEW project applications MUST be submitted into e-Snaps prior to 4:00 pm CDT on Monday, August 21, 2017. Additional documents for the RVCoC review and ranking process will be required by the same deadline and submitted outside of e-Snaps.
- Read the entire Final Call for Projects.
3/23/17 River Valleys Continuum of Care is now accepting notification of intent to apply for CoC Program funds in 2017
- Please submit the Intent to Apply online form to declare your intent to apply for new or renewal funding via the HUD CoC Program.
- The form is open for renewal projects through Friday, April 7, 2017. Renewal projects that have not submitted their intent by 11:59:59PM on Friday, April 7, 2017 will forfeit their renewal rights.
New projects are encouraged to submit early, but may submit their intent to apply until May 15 or two weeks after the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) releases its Continuum of Care program application (anticipated in May), whichever is later.
3/16/17 Requesting CoC Confirmation or other application approval for projects seeking State funds in 2017
River Valleys CoC requires a written project description and a presentation from any applicant requesting a CoC Confirmation or signature on the application. In order to ensure that the CoC meets its obligation to review the project, CoC members must receive all required project information in a timely manner.
Review the requirements for 2017 on the "Resources for State Program Grantees" page.
- Housing Development
- Support Services
- Head Start
- Continuum of Care