During the months of April and May volunteer recognitions were held in several communities to honor our Meals on Wheels volunteers. It was a chance for volunteers, coordinators, and staff from Three Rivers Community Action, Inc., to get to know each other, share ideas, and have fun.
Volunteers were asked why they like to deliver meals. Some of the comments we received were:
• They love to have people visit; they are so happy to have someone to talk to.
• They appreciate the meals, they like to see us coming.
• I deliver because I like to do it. I like visiting with them and it gets me out of the house. It is fun and sometimes I’m the only one they have got to visit with.
• I like to see the people and talk with them.
• It makes me feel good.
• It’s good to do to keep the program going in case I need it someday.
• I think it’s a wonderful program, and it’s a great volunteer program.
• It gives me a sense of pride to give back to the elderly.
• I like to see the smiling faces and grins when I arrive.
• It gives me something to do since I gave up my full time work.
We deliver meals in the communities of Cannon Falls, Faribault, Goodhue, Bellechester, Kellogg, Mazeppa, Morristown, Pine Island, Wabasha, Wanamingo, and Zumbrota. If you would like volunteer to deliver meals please call our office at 800-277-8418 or visit the Volunteer Page of our website to print an application.
- Housing Development
- Support Services
- Early Childhood
- Older Adults