We are so thankful to all of you for making our first home buying experience such a great one. We are so excited and proud to have a home of our own.
Achieve Homeownership is a collaborative program that identifies and addresses barriers to homeownership faced by diverse households across southern Minnesota. It provides culturally-tailored financial and homeowner education and counseling services that are essential for successful first-time homeownership.
The methods of this unique program have proven effective. By combining culturally-connected real estate professionals with local community forums and leveraging related funding (downpayment assistance, gap financing, affordable mortgage products, etc.), Achieve Homeownership provides a continuum of housing guidance for southern Minnesota’s diverse population.
Since 2008, the Achieve Homeownership staff have facilitated hundreds of homebuyer education, financial literacy, pre-purchase counseling and community training opportunities. This unique program has educated over 3,000 households and helped 305 families into safer, healthier and more affordable homes.
Achieve Homeownership’s goals are to:
- Create or enhance working groups in each community to encourage resources for emerging markets consumers in their quest for homeownership
- Provide culturally-tailored financial literacy, homebuyer education, and pre-purchase counseling
- Host trainings for local lenders/real estate agents in affordable programs for homebuyers
- Provide intensive financial counseling to households who require a longer-term plan to reach their homeownership goals
- Leverage existing financial resources and seek additional financing opportunities (such as downpayment assistance, gap financing, affordable mortgage products, etc.) to assist emerging market households in entering homeownership
Our experienced staff members work directly with clients to help them through the homebuying process, providing services in multiple languages and serving communities throughout southern Minnesota. Available services include: