We are so thankful to all of you for making our first home buying experience such a great one. We are so excited and proud to have a home of our own.
Three Rivers Community Action partnered with Southwest Minnesota Housing Partnership in 2008 to launch Achieve Homeownership, Southern Minnesota’s Emerging Markets Homeownership Initiative. This collaborative is designed to identify and address the barriers to homeownership faced by diverse households in southern Minnesota. Achieve Homeownership’s goals are to:
- Create or enhance working groups in each community to encourage a safe environment of resources for the emerging markets consumers in their quest for housing and homeownership
- Assess and fill gaps in target communities for culturally-tailored financial literacy, homebuyer education, and pre-purchase counseling
- Host trainings for local lenders/real estate agents in affordable programs for homebuyers
- Provide individual pre-purchase counseling to households as they navigate the home buying process
- Leverage existing financial resources and seek additional financing opportunities (such as downpayment assistance, gap financing, affordable mortgage products, etc.) to assist emerging market households in entering homeownership
Our experienced staff members work directly with clients to help them through the homebuying process, providing services in multiple languages and serving communities throughout southern Minnesota. Available services include: